now browsing by tag
Stop taking things personally! If you more often than not take things personally you are indulging in what psychologists call “Personalization.” Personalization is a cognitive distortion. So what is a cognitive distortion, you may wonder? A firm belief that something is true, when it is not. The problem is that the erroneous belief negatively impacts how we see ourselves, others, and the world in which we live. This in turn influences our poor decision making in the significant areas of our lives. Read the Rest…by
I love myself by
- Accepting myself fully, that is, the good and bad of who I am, while always striving to be better
- By dealing with unfinished business quickly so that bitterness, anger, anxiety has no chance of taking up residence in my soul
- By practicing self-respect, and insisting on respect in all my relationships, while showing respect for others
- Knowing what nourishes my soul and fills me with joy and laughter and making time for regular and generous doses
- Taking the time to identify my purpose in life, and live true to the fulfillment of my purpose
- Understanding my need to be connected to others as well as separate from others and honoring that need without guilt
- Attending to my priorities whenever I need to without needing to explain or apologize to others
- Saying “No” when I need to and without guilt
- Believing that only the best is good enough for me
- Fearlessly accepting the consequences of my actions, and humbly learning from mistakes
- Setting worthy goals and going the distance to achieve them
- Taking care of my physical and emotional health by eating well, getting sufficient sleep, regular exercise and stress management
- Loving myself first, which enables me to love others
How many of these statements are true of you? Why not rate yourself, and for those which are not true of you, (as yet) ask yourself “Why not?” Make a note of your answer and commit to personal growth in that area in 2015.
This Valentine’s Season I Wish for You
Generous Doses of Love for Self Too!
CONTACT COACH CHERYLL
Coach Cheryll Messam, CPC, ELI-MP, is a Certified Professional Life & Corporate Coach, Energy Leadership Master Practitioner, and owner of YOU in Mind Jamaica, a personal and professional development company. Coach Cheryll helps local and international clients overcome their workplace, career management, job search, productivity, self-confidence and goal setting challenges.
Cheryll Messam, CPC, ELI-MP
Certified Professional Life & Corporate Coach
Energy Leadership Master Practitioner
You in Mind Jamaica – Your Ally for Excellence in Life & Work
Local clients: 876-357-6397 (Jamaica)
International clients: 954-762-7942 / Skype: cmessam2
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (* Remember to include your name and telephone number in your message)
*Office Hours: Coaching sessions & Consultations are done by phone or internet telephony e.g. Skype. Best time to call during weekdays is evenings 5 pm – 10 pm EST, and on Saturdays 10 am – 5 pm.
PLEASE JOIN US