How to achieve goals
now browsing by tag
- Personally accept that YOU can have the best year of your life to date, this very year. Without this core belief, you show up in your life as a victim, someone to whom things happen, not someone who makes [good] things happen for your own self.
- Become clear about what you want in the significant areas of your life e.g. Self, Family, Love Relationship, Friendships, Career, Finances, Health, Spiritual, Fun & Enjoyment. Decide WHAT is important in the area and WHY it is important to you. Write down how life would be better if that goal was accomplished and your current reality.
- Select the most important area of your life to start acting on. That would be the area which if corrected today would have the greatest positive impact on you overall.
- Identify your constraints. Be honest with yourself about what holds you back from doing the things you need to do for your life, or doing them on time. Eliminating your constraints or managing them will greatly boost every effort you make in investing in the quality life you desire and deserve, this year.
- Remind yourself daily/weekly of what this year means to you, and why. Many times we do not have what we need or want, because we lose sight of what we truly want.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to purchase a Wheel of Life Consultation. Clients have the option of a 30 min or 1 hour consultation by phone or internet e.g. Skype. And perhaps there are other ways I can support you in making this your best year to date, so feel free to visit our website and review our services at
International Clients Click Here!
Looking forward to being your Ally for Excellence in Life & Work as you are bound for your best year to date! BEGIN!
Consultant | Certified Professional Life, Corporate & Career Coach |Professional Resume Writer & LinkedIn Profile Writer
Energy Leadership Master Practitioner
Company: You in Mind Jamaica – Your Ally for Excellence in Life & Work
If You Can’t Go Over or Under, Go Around
by Joseph Morris
A baby mole got to feeling big,
And wanted to show how he could dig;
So he plowed along in the soft, warm dirt
Till he hit something hard, and it surely hurt!
A dozen stars flew out of his snout;
He sat on his haunches, began to pout;
Then rammed the thing again with his head–
His grandpap picked him up half dead.
“Young man,” he said, “though your pate is bone.
You can’t butt your way through solid stone.
This bit of advice is good, I’ve found:
If you can’t go over or under, go round.”
A traveler came to a stream one day,
And because it presumed to cross his way,
And wouldn’t turn round to suit his whim
And change its course to go with him,
His anger rose far more than it should,
And he vowed he’d cross right where he stood.
A man said there was a bridge below,
But not a step would he budge or go.
The current was swift and the bank was steep,
But he jumped right in with a violent leap.
A fisherman dragged him out half-drowned:
“When you can’t go over or under, go round.”
If you come to a place that you can’t get _through,_
Or _over_ or _under_, the thing to do
Is to find a way _round_ the impassable wall,
Not say you’ll go YOUR way or not at all.
You can always get to the place you’re going,
If you’ll set your sails as the wind is blowing.
If the mountains are high, go round the valley;
If the streets are blocked, go up some alley;
If the parlor-car’s filled, don’t scorn a freight;
If the front door’s closed, go in the side gate.
To reach your goal this advice is sound:
If you can’t go over or under, go round.
– Taken from http://100.best-poems.net/
- Workplace Issues
- Transitioning into new roles at work
- Career Management
- Goal Setting
- Job Hunting
- Inter-personal Skills
- Emotional Intelligence
- Decision Making
- Job loss
- Online Networking
- Social Media Basics
With You in Mind,
Cheryll Messam, CPC, ELI-MP
Certified Professional Life & Corporate Coach
Energy Leadership Master Practitioner
You in Mind Jamaica – Your Ally for Excellence in Life & Work
876-357-6397 (Local clients, Jamaica)
954-762-7942 (International clients) / Skype: cmessam2