- “Nothing I do will make a difference!”
Belief: I am a victim.
- “What will they say?”
Belief: What family, friends, and people I want to like and accept me think, is more important than what I think or value, especially in relation to my own life.
- “I need him [her] in my life.”
Belief: I cannot be [do it] alone.
- “I am going to make her do what she should do for me!”
Belief: I have enough power and influence to force people to change their behaviour.
- “I would have that by now if only…”
Belief: A good excuse will cover up my lack of action and progress in the significant areas of my life.
- “All my life people keep saying this or that about me, but they just don’t understand.”
Belief: I am not responsible for the negative patterns that show up in my life, it’s my circumstances.
- “I’m not as smart or as attractive or as educated or as wealthy or as connected as…”
Belief: When I focus on the assets of others I don’t need to admit that I do not like myself or value myself highly or believe in myself enough.
- “I could have that, if I really wanted it.”
Belief: It’s not that I truly can’t do something or I find it difficult, my lack of performance is due to motivation
- “I need more time to think about it”
Belief: I cannot admit that I am afraid.
- “I don’t need help, everybody has setbacks in life.”
Belief: If I ask for help it means that something is seriously wrong with me.
Cheryll Messam is a Personal & Professional Development Consultant, Life, Corporate & Career Coach, Professional Resume Writer and LinkedIn Profile Writer. She helps professionals overcome workplace, job hunting, career management, emotional intelligence, self-confidence challenges, as well as set and accomplish life & work goals. To learn more about our services click on the links below and feel free to contact Cheryll via email: email@example.com or phone: 954-762-7942 (Int); 876-357-6397 (Local)
International Clients Click Here!
Local Clients Click Here!
OTHER WAYS TO CONNECT